Monday, March 29

i am ridiculously excited....

... for Angie. Her baby boy arrives very, very soon. Angie is the genius force behind still life with circles and still life 365, and is the mama of Bea and Lucy, and I have been reading her for a good long time now. She is fearlessly honest in the face of a pile of sadness, and deserves (as do we all) all the joy coming her way when her baby boy arrives.

It is rainy and miserable here in my corner of New England, and for the last several days I have been grinding my way through some kind of Year-Two-induced existential crisis. But knowing that Thor is coming soon, and feeling in my bones--not that my bones are the ones that matter here--that he is going to be okay, is putting me in a darned good mood.

There is no two ways about it: babies are scrumptious bundles of hope. They are meant to be. Which is why, when they die, night falls forever, and the planet spins off its axis.

I can't imagine what it's like to wait through those last days until the arrival of your baby. I guess, terrifying. I guess, thrilling. I hope to know one day. I'm going to coast on these happy feelings right now, and guess that if I can feel all warm and fuzzy and hopeful about the arrival of someone else's baby, maybe one day I can mentally survive a subsequent pregnancy and feel that way about the arrival of my own. Maybe.

Meanwhile, thinking of you lots, Angie. Watching and waiting with you. xo

4 comments:

Hope's Mama said...

Excited and anxious for Angie, too.
Lovely post.

xo

still life angie said...

Oh, Jenni, you are making me cry this morning. Thank you. Now you are getting me excited. All my love to you. xo Eeep.

forward tumble said...

yes, wonderful, thank you Jenni.

I coast as well and wait with that warm, fuzzy hope for the way it should be.

caitsmom said...

This was beautiful to read. Yes, excited for Angie and inspired by your life-affirming excitement for her.

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - Header image from "Demeter Mourning for Persephone," 1906, Evelyn Pickering De Morgan.
Sponsored by Free Web Space